SENDIASS is short for Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Information, Advice Support Service (IASS) and exists to help parents and carers of children who have, or may have, special educational needs and/or disabilities; and children and young people themselves, in matters relating to their Education, Health or Social Care provision.
The support services are tailored to your individual needs and are both personal and confidential. SENDIASS Oldham can offer families who live in Oldham:
- Independent information about Special Educational Needs & Disability (SEND).
- Advice about working with those involved with you, your child or young person.
- Information about local support networks.
- Support to arrange Mediation and Disagreement Resolution.
- Support with SEND Tribunal claims.
- Opportunities to improve and shape services through our SEND IAS Steering Group.
Support is available by phone, email, website and face to face meetings and their role is to enable children, young people and their families to support themselves.
You will find access to a range of information on the website which will help you to understand local policy and the SEN legal framework enabling you to support your child or young person more effectively.
Access the website here: SENDIASS Oldham