What are Healthy Lifestyles:
A healthy lifestyle involves a combination of good physical, mental and social well-being. Being in good health encompasses so much more than what we often take it to mean; free from illnesses and diseases...
To keep healthy, here are some things you can do:
- Exercise regularly
- Eat a balanced diet
- Have a happy and positive attitude
- Have a good sleep schedule
What are the Elements of a Healthy Lifestyle?
There are five elements considered to be combined to help you lead a healthy lifestyle.
These elements are:
- A balanced diet. Nutrition has a big impact on our bodies, and well-being. All foods should be part of a balanced diet, and everyone has different likes and dislikes. When you lead a balanced diet, you'll still be able to eat all of your favourite foods. Foods that make up a balanced diet include; carbohydrates like rice and pasta that helps to give us energy, proteins which are important because they help us to build our muscles. Protein is also found in our hair and nails.
- Being active. Being active doesn’t just have to be about being the most athletic person you can be, it can be doing things within your comfort zone that help you to keep your body moving. Exercise helps us to strengthen our muscles and improve our blood flow, which helps our body to stay healthy. Lots of people think exercise can be boring! But simply put, exercise is moving and being active... Which means that you may be doing exercise without even realising it, like taking a walk with friends.
- Maintaining a regular sleeping pattern. Sleep is one of the most important things that we do for our bodies. It is recommended that adults sleep for eight hours every night.
- Keeping stress to a minimum. Stress can get in the way of our health as well as our life goals. When we feel overly stressed, it can affect the other elements of health that are important. For example, when we feel stressed we may lose our appetite. It can also affect our sleep and make us feel sluggish, which can lead to us being less active. Everyone will find that they are able to manage their stress in different ways. Finding the way that works for you is really important for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Having fun! Fun is so important for a healthy style. Doing activities that we enjoy, and seeing our friends, can help to boost our mental well-being. This is just as important for a healthy lifestyle as our physical well-being.
How does school support your child to be healthy?