Free School Meal Support
If your child is entitled to free school meals, our school will provide a meal if they are in school as they are classed as vulnerable or you are a key worker who has no other alternative. Our school meals are prepared off site, as we do not have a school kitchen, by Manchester Fayre. Manchester Fayre have assured us they will continue to provide meals for as long as they are able to.
From 23 March, the Council has also set up a scheme to help with food costs for families who are facing additional financial challenges due to the Covid 19 virus.
To qualify your family must be Manchester residents or supported by the Homelessness Service. The criteria is:
- Children and young people who meet the criteria for free school meals
- Children and young people who are classed as an asylum seeker; and
- Children and young people whose family has been hardest hit by the recent issues and may be waiting for benefits to be assessed or have a gap in their income due to being laid off etc.
The contribution towards a lunchtime meal is £1.75 per day (£8.75 per week) for each child or young person in the household.
The Council will be able to pay this money within a few days by the following methods
- A bank transfer into a nominated bank account
- A secure text message that can be used to access cash from a range of Paypoint outlets in the city
- A voucher that can be printed and can then be exchanged for cash from a range of Paypoint outlets in the city.
To make an application please submit a request via the Council’s Welfare Provision Scheme - link below
Guidance on how to fill this in is also posted below